I am proud of the work I have done to help our veterans, and will continue to be their strong advocate in the US Senate. I’ve introduced key pieces of legislation and have worked with Senate Leadership to help veterans every chance I get. Some of these important accomplishments are highlighted below:
- Introduced Keeping Our Commitment to Ending Veteran Homelessness Act
- Introduced the Homeless Veteran Reintegration Program Clarification and Reauthorization bill
- As a member of the Senate Committee on Veterans' Affairs I worked to include a provision in our Defense spending bill that will protect veterans' benefits from government spending lapses by providing advance funding
- Worked to secure a grant for Little Rock Homeless Veterans Shelter
- Cosponsored a bipartisan bill that seeks to address the issue of prescription drug abuse among our nation's service members and veterans ("The Servicemembers and Veterans Prescription Drug Safety Act")
- Introduced and worked to get signed into law The Veterans’ Traumatic Brain Injury Rehabilitative Services’ Improvements Act of 2011
If you would like to read more on the VA announcement you can find it here.
Thank you for supporting our veterans.